WHAT IS DRY EYE?
Dry eye is a common optometry problem. It happens when your eyes do not produce enough tears, or your tears do not provide lubrication.
FIVE LEADING CAUSES OF DRY EYE
When it comes to eye care, you should be aware of what may be causing your dry eye.
- Aging may be a cause of decreased tear production.
- Medical concerns like diabetes, lupus, and thyroid disorders can impact your tear production.
- Medications such as antidepressants, birth control, and decongestants may impact your vision care.
- Environmental factors such as wind or smoke may cause your tears to evaporate quickly and cause dry eye.
- Sometimes laser surgery on your eyes causes dry eye. This may be temporary and correct itself after a short time.
OTHER THINGS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT DRY EYE
Dry eyes can cause other eye problems. You may experience eye infections because your tears are not protecting your eye properly. Dry eyes can cause your eyes to become damaged with things like inflammation, abrasions, and even ulcers. Dry eye may impact your everyday life by preventing you from doing things such as driving and reading.
WHY CHOOSE ROYAL OAK OPTICAL?
Royal Oak Optical is the optometry specialist in Calgary. The entire staff is hand-selected based on unique qualifications. They are all committed to providing you the best possible personalized vision care. They strive to show you that the customer always comes first to Royal Oak Optical. The entire staff is experienced not only in eye care but in insurance coverage. They take the best care of you in every way. They understand you have a busy schedule and work with you to find a time that fits into your life, not the other way around. Stop by today and visit Royal Oak Optical in Calgary for your dry eye or any other vision needs. They will handle all your needs and provide you superior care.